In 2017, ENIL is planning a series of webinars, led by our Advocacy Officer Frank Sioen, on different topics related to ENIL’s work on the EU level. The purpose of these webinars is to inform our members, and other interested individuals and organisations, about the recent developments in EU laws and policies of relevance to disabled people, and to explain what impact they are likely to have on the ground.
The webinar “Disability Policy in the EU” was the first one from the series. It took place on 23rd February, and twenty-two participants from eighteen countries took part.
When is the next webinar taking place?
- Date: 29th March, 19.00h – 20.00h CET
- Title: “European Accessibility Act: the Facts”
- Objectives of the webinar: to provide information about the most recent developments in relation to the European Accessibility Act (EAA) – at what stage are the negotiations?; what are the concerns of the disability movement?; what can you do to influence the text of the EEA?; when is the EEA likely to become law?
- Supporting document: a template letter which you can send to your MEPs in support of the EAA
- Who should attend: the webinar is open to anyone interested in the EEA
- Practical information: the webinar will be held in English; we will also have a volunteer palantypist providing real time captioning, in order to make the webinar more accessible.
How to register?
To register, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating your name, age and country of residence. You will receive a link where you can join the webinar, and instructions on how to join. All you need is the internet connection and a device (computer, tablet or a smart phone).
This activity is supported by the European Commission.