As part of an international consortium of organizations of persons with disabilities, we are organising an event in the European Parliament titled “We can’t afford to fund building more barriers!” – Do EU-funds support accessibility in Europe?”. It is organised by the National Federation of Associations of Persons with Physical Disabilities (MEOSZ, Hungary), Socia Foundation (Slovakia), the Czech National Disability Council (NRZP), the European Disability Forum (EDF) and the European Network on Independent Living (ENIL).
The event will take place on 6 December 2022 from 10:00 to 12:00 in the Spinelli 51G room of the European Parliament building in Brussels, and will be hosted by MEP Lucia Ďuriš Nicholsonová.
At the event, speakers will present findings of national-level analyses on accessibility covering Czechia, Hungary and Slovakia. They will also present policies and practices about the use of funds under the EU’s Cohesion Policy 2021-27, in the context of accessibility and evidence about EU-funded investments that are not fully accessible and may discriminate against persons with disabilities.
- Host: MEP Lucia Ďuriš Nicholsonová (Renew),
- MEP Radka Maxová (S&D),
- MEP Katrin Langensiepen (Greens-EFA),
- MEP Stelios KYMPOUROPOULOS (tbc) (EPP),
- representative of the United Nations Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights,
- representative of the European Commission (tbc),
- and representatives of MEOSZ (Hungary), SOCIA (Slovakia), NRZP (Czechia), the European Disability Forum (EDF), and the European Network on Independent Living (ENIL).
Register here before 16 November to join us in the European Parliament.
The event is supported by the International Visegrad Fund.