The theme of the webinar is “Independent Living for all, and how it is applied for people with diverse impairments”. We have invited a range of speakers to share their experience of Independent Living in a Question and Answer format.
The topic of the webinar was chosen in a survey sent out to members in June. This was the most popular one, most likely because there are so many misconceptions about Independent Living. Many think that the right to Independent Living does not apply to all disabled people or do not understand the barriers faced by people with intellectual disabilities, autism, or others, in living independently. Personal assistance, a key tool for Independent Living, is also misunderstood as only relevant to people with physical disabilities. Given that the Independent Living movement is a cross-disability one, we hope that this webinar will contribute to even more diversity and inclusion in our work.
- Magnus Andén and Cecilia Blanck (Sweden) – JAG
- Simone Aspis (United Kingdom) – Changing Perspectives and Free Our People campaign
- Thibault Corneloup (France) – CLE Autistes
- Kristina Dūdonytė (Lithuania) – Independent Living Association
- Jolijn Santegoeds (The Netherlands) – European Network of (ex-) Users and Survivors of Psychiatry
- Mark Wheatley (United Kingdom) – European Union of the Deaf
- Suvad Zahirović (Bosnia and Herzegovina) – Information Center for Persons with Disabilities “Lotos”
Time: Tuesday 15th September 2020, at 13:00 – 15:00 CEST.
Accessibility: English captioning and International Sign Language will be available
Concept note and agenda: https://enil.eu/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Concept-note_ENIL-webinar_15-9-Fin.docx