- 1977 BSc Law (Catholic University of Leuven)
- 1981 MSc Social Law (Free University of Brussels)
- 1988 Dip Proficiency in English (University of Cambridge)
- 1977-78 Researcher at faculty of law, Catholic University of Leuven
- 1978-2001 Lawyer at Fund for Labour Accidents (Brussels)
- 2002-2003 Legal expert at the Cabinet of the Belgian secretary of state for the social security
- 2003-2008 Head of inspectorate of labour insurance companies.
- Personal Experience: Muscular dystrophia
- Professional Experience: Labour accidents insurance
Experience: Scientific research at the Institute for Social Law of the
Catholic University of Leuven (1988 – 2008); Lecturer of disability
legislation to medical students (1990 – 2007)
- Volunteer work : Director of Independent Living Vlaanderen (1987- 2000)
- Self employed consultant of disability organisations, government bodies, etc.