What is the European Coalition for Community Living?
The European Coalition for Community Living (ECCL) is a Europe-wide cross disability initiative working towards the social inclusion of people with disabilities by promoting the provision of comprehensive, quality community-based services as an alternative to institutionalisation. ECCL was founded in 2005 by ENIL, Autism Europe, the Center for Policy Studies of the Central European University, the European Disability Forum, Inclusion Europe, Mental Health Europe and the Open Society Mental Health Initiative.
As from the beginning of 2008, ECCL has been a project of the European Network on Independent Living (ENIL). In running ECCL, ENIL is advised by an Advisory Council made up of renowned disability activists and experts, which meets once a year.
You can read more about ECCL here.
- Less Talk, More Work – interview with Milan Sverepa, Director of Inclusion Europe (April 2019)
- ProAct Support, Romania – interview with Cerasela Predescu, its founder (March 2019)
- Helpific – interview Zsolt Bugarszki, one of the co-founders (March 2019)
- Older People and Community Living (December 2018)
- Community Connecting (November 2018)
- Co-production – It can work! (October 2018)
- Parents, Families and Allies (September 2018)
- Supporting people with complicated lives and support needs (July 2018)
- Young People Have a Lot to Say (June 2018)
- Self-directed Support & Housing (June 2018)
- The Next Generation, Co operation and Working Together (April 2018)
- One Person at a Time (March 2018)
- Leading Change (February 2018)
- Learning from What Works (January 2018)
Wasted Time, Wasted Money, Wasted Lives … A Wasted Opportunity? – A Focus Report on how the current use of Structural Funds perpetuates the social exclusion of disabled people in Central and Eastern Europe by failing to support the transition from institutional care to community-based services
European Coalition for Community Living
c/o ENIL Secretariat
Mundo J – 7th Floor
Rue de l’Industrie 10
Tel: (353) 2 893 25 83